What are the different types of time clock systems?
There are several types of time clock systems available, including:
1. Punch card time clocks: These systems use physical punch cards that employees insert into a machine to record their arrival and departure times.
2. Mechanical time clocks: These are traditional clocks with rotating dials or wheels that employees manually adjust to record their time.
3. Digital time clocks: These systems use digital displays and buttons for employees to input their time. They may also include additional features like biometric fingerprint or facial recognition for added security.
4. Biometric time clocks: These systems use unique physical characteristics like fingerprints, handprints, or facial recognition to identify employees and record their time.
5. Web-based time clocks: These systems are accessed through a web browser and allow employees to clock in and out using their computers or mobile devices. They often include features like GPS tracking and remote access.
6. Mobile and App time clocks: These systems are mobile and App applications that employees can install on their smartphones or tablets to clock in and out. They often include features like GPS tracking and geofencing.
7. Proximity card time clocks: These systems use proximity cards or key fobs that employees scan or tap on a reader to record their time.
8. Badge swipe time clocks: These systems use magnetic stripe or barcode badges that employee’s swipe through a reader to record their time.
At CleverTime, we have biometric time clocks, web-based time clocks and Mobile App time clocks.
Biometric time clocks are more secure than traditional time clock methods that use cards or PINs since, due to their reliance on biometric data, they cannot be easily faked or duplicated. This makes them a good choice for businesses that need to ensure the accuracy and security of their attendance tracking.
Web-based time clocks are useful tools that enable accurate, hassle-free employee time clocking. They reduce the risk of common time-tracking issues like time theft and buddy punching, and they enable employees to clock in from anywhere, at any time.
A mobile time clock resides on an employee’s phone or tablet and lets them clock in and out from that device. Employers can deploy GPS tracking with a mobile time clock so that employees can sign in and out of their shift remotely. This is a useful time tracking method for employees traveling to different job sites that still need to clock in for a shift.
Our CeverGo Kiosk is our CleverTime software for tablets. Designed to make it easy for individuals to clock in and out whether employees, visitors, contractors, or delivery workers.